Book Title: Positive Discipline for Childcare Providers: A Practical and Effective Plan for Every Preschool and Daycare Program
Author: Jane Nelsen Ed.D.
Empowering Methods for Effective Childcare
- Positive Discipline for Preschoolers: For Their Early Years--Raising Children Who are Responsible, Respectful, and Resourceful (Positive Discipline Library)
- Positive Discipline: The First Three Years, Revised and Updated Edition: From Infant to Toddler--Laying the Foundation for Raising a Capable, Confident
- Positive Discipline: The Classic Guide to Helping Children Develop Self-Discipline, Responsibility, Cooperation, and Problem-Solving Skills
- Positive Discipline A-Z: 1001 Solutions to Everyday Parenting Problems (Positive Discipline Library)
- Positive Discipline in the Classroom: Developing Mutual Respect, Cooperation, and Responsibility in Your Classroom
- Positive Discipline for Teenagers, Revised 3rd Edition: Empowering Your Teens and Yourself Through Kind and Firm Parenting
- Preschool Classroom Management: 150 Teacher-Tested Techniques
- Positive Discipline Parenting Tool Cards
- Positive Time-Out: And Over 50 Ways to Avoid Power Struggles in the Home and the Classroom
- Positive Discipline: A Teacher's A-Z Guide, Revised 2nd Edition: Hundreds of Solutions for Every Possible Classroom Behavior Problem
As a professional childcare provider, you want to create an environment that is inviting and nurturing for children as well as encouraging for your adult staff. You want to find ways to form a partnership with parents in their children's development. Simply put, you want to provide an all-around quality childcare experience at every level. This book is also great for parents who want to take an active role in assuring the best childcare for their children.Positive Discipline for Childcare Providers
offers a thorough, practical program that is easily adaptable to any childcare or preschool situation and setting. Inside are workable solutions to many of today's toughest childcare issues and everything you need to develop an enriching experience for children, parents, and workers alike. You'll learn how to:
·Create a setting where children can laugh, learn, and grow
·Support healthy physical, emotional, and cognitive development in all children, including those with special needs
·Encourage parents to establish a partnership with you and provide the same kind, firm limits and respectful environment at home
·Uncover support and learning opportunities for yourself and fellow childcare providers
·And much more!
"In a magical way, Positive Discipline for Childcare Providers
demonstrates techniques that decrease misbehavior by increasing the child's sense of capability, courage, and community feeling."
a state-certified childcare trainer, director of parenting education at YMCA Youth Services Maryland, and author of The Parent As Cheerleader
"Wow! This book is an incredible resource full of effective and practical ideas—from creating an environment where everyone feels welcome to a model of discipline that respects and empowers adults and children."
—Mary Jamin Maguire, M.A., L.P., LICSW,
trainer, Minnesota School-Age Childcare Training Network