Book Title: Growth and Development Across the Lifespan: A Health Promotion Focus, 2e
Author: Gloria Leifer MA RN CNE
This book provides introductory coverage of growth and development throughout the lifespan. The content emphasizes normal aspects as well as the unique problems and health promotion needs of each age and stage of development. It features a strong health promotion theme structured around Healthy People 2020
- Lifespan coverage from prenatal development to death helps students integrate concepts related to normal changes in each stage of the life cycle.
- Coverage of current research and trends in health care provide readers with the most up-to-date, accurate information.
- Health promotion and disease prevention, including Healthy People 2020 objectives, are highlighted throughout the book.
- Cultural content is highlighted throughout the book and in new Chapter 3: Cultural Considerations in Health Care to encourage students to consider cultural implications at every stage of development.
- Separate chapter on advanced old age and geriatrics (Chapter 14) discuss the theories, physiological changes, and psychological aspects of aging; health promotion and maintenance; and the role of health care providers in caring for the geriatric patient. All of this helps students understand how to maintain quality of life and promote health in advanced old age.
- Teaching techniques for every developmental stage are part of a consistent chapter format and provide age-appropriate patient education tips.
- Consistent chapter organization for each stage of growth and development makes information easy to access.
- Critical Thinking scenarios and questions appear at the end of each chapter to help students consider all variables when planning care across the lifespan.
- Student learning features include Objectives, Key Terms, Key Points, and Review Questions.
- Appendix A includes the FDA's Recommended Child and Adult Immunization Schedules, providing essential health promotion information.
- NEW Appendix B provides a Multilingual Glossary of Symptoms to enhance students' awareness of culturally sensitive care.
- Glossary includes definitions of Key Terms and additional terms help students review concepts and terminology at a glance.
- Bibliography is organized by chapter at the end of the book to facilitate additional research and study.